Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 90 mal aufgerufen
 Künstler & Werke
Dogcat250 Offline

Erleuchteter

31.05.2019 02:56
and he made the most of it in just his third game Antworten

MILWAUKEE -- Marcus Thornton knew he was getting a second chance with the Nets and he made the most of it in just his third game with his new team. Thornton scored 12 of his 25 points in the fourth quarter to lead Brooklyn to a 107-98 victory over the Milwaukee Bucks on Saturday night. Brooklyns Kevin Garnett missed the game with back spasms but wasnt needed as the Nets never trailed in the second half against the NBAs worst team. Thornton, playing in his third game for Brooklyn since being obtained in a Feb. 19 trade with Sacramento, came off the bench to make 8 of 13 from the field to help the Nets finish their seven-game road trip 4-3. "Im coming to a team with all these veterans, that know how to win, that have championship aspirations and have championships under their belts already, and a coach that has a championship, too," Thornton said. "I knew it would be a great situation." The 6-foot-4 guard signed a four-year, $31.2 million contract with Sacramento in 2011, but averaged only 8.3 points while shooting 38 per cent in 46 games for the Kings this season. Nets coach Jason Kidd wanted to see whether Thornton -- criticized by Sacramento coach Michael Malone for his defensive play -- could step up offensively and defensively at the end of games. "I want to find out coming down the stretch defensively can guys count on him, and then offensively can we count on him," Kidd said. "We know he can shoot the ball, put the ball in the basket, but coming down the stretch can he make plays? "This was a great opportunity to see that after a long trip, he stepped up," Kidd said. Milwaukee coach Larry Drew said his team struggled defensively, allowing 42 points in the paint. "Just too many defensive mistakes," he said. "Bad rotations. Going into the game one of the things we wanted to do was really try to affect them down on the block." Andray Blatche added 19 points and 13 rebounds for Brooklyn, including eight points and 10 rebounds in the fourth quarter. Jason Collins, who signed a 10-day contract with Brooklyn last Sunday, was held scoreless in 8 minutes. Khris Middleton and Ramon Sessions scored 16 points apiece for Milwaukee. "We didnt get the stops we needed," Middleton said. "We let them get so many things too easy. Our room for error is very small." Brooklyn has gone 18-8 in 2014 after opening the season 10-21. The Nets (28-29) play Chicago at home on Monday night with the chance to get back to .500 for the first time since being 2-2 on Nov. 5. "I dont think we have to concentrate on that right now," Andrei Kirilenko said of getting to .500. "We have been playing pretty good games. We need to stick with our game plan. Thats the only thing." The Nets play seven of their next 10 games at home, where they have won 10 of their last 12. Thornton hit a pair of 3-pointers, Paul Pierce made another 3 and Blatche scored on a putback as Brooklyn used an 11-6 run to open a 100-91 lead with 2:46 left. "I kind of felt disrespected because he played so far back," Thornton said with a laugh of Milwaukees Jeff Adrien while talking about his fourth-quarter jumpers. "It was one of those things. I tried to make the shots when the opportunity presented itself." Milwaukee never got closer than six points the rest of the game. Mirza Teletovic hit a 3-pointer to cap an 8-2 run opening the fourth quarter, giving the Nets an 85-74 lead with 10:04 left in the game. The Bucks then had an 11-4 run to pull within 89-85 on a pair of free throws by Giannis Antetokounmpo before Thornton sparked the Nets down the stretch. Brooklyn used a 20-11 run to open the second half and took a 75-64 lead on Joe Johnsons 3-pointer with 4:27 to go in the third quarter. Deron Williams scored 13 points in the first half and the Nets took a 55-53 lead at halftime. Brooklyn took the lead for good, 43-40, on Thorntons 3-pointer with 7:29 to go in the second quarter. NOTES: Rookie Mason Plumlee made his third start for Brooklyn, scoring five points in 11 minutes. ... Garnett has missed six games for rest, but this was only the second one he missed due to injury. ... The Bucks honoured former player Junior Bridgeman, whose No. 2 is retired by the team, in the fourth quarter. ... Milwaukees Zaza Pachulia has missed 21 of 26 shots in the teams last five games Andrew Wiggins Jersey . A wide-eyed 18-year-old visiting North America for only the second time in his young life, Caboclo immediately noticed the "big tower" his new home is best known for. Josh Okogie Jersey . Brazilian striker Brandao opened the scoring with a header in the 55th minute before winger Franck Tabanou volleyed home from close range to double the lead in the 61st. http://www.timberwolvesgear.com/authentic-karl-anthony-towns-timberwolves-jersey/ . Mauer struck out to end the inning, with a runner on third base in the seventh on Wednesday and the Twins trailing 1-0. Everybody does this, of course, in a sport with a 30 per cent success rate at the plate long proven to be a benchmark of excellence. Kevin Garnett Jersey .com) - World No. 1 Rafael Nadal, Wimbledon champion Andy Murray and four-time Australian Open titlist Roger Federer were among Mondays fourth-round winners at Melbourne Park. Gorgui Dieng Jersey . And he said Sunday that players believe nobody in Sterlings family should be able to own the Los Angeles Clippers if hes gone. CALGARY -- Pierre Lavertu has an experienced, successful guide on the Calgary Stampeders offensive line. Brett Jones was fresh out of university at Calgarys training camp a year ago. The centre from Weyburn, Sask., went on to become the first offensive lineman to be named the Canadian Football Leagues most outstanding rookie. The Stampeders hope Lavertu is also a quick study. Calgary swung a draft-day deal with Ottawa to make the Laval athlete the first overall pick May 13. The 24-year-old from Quebec City played centre for the Rouge et Or, but with Jones so successful at that position in 2013, Lavertu has worked most of the pre-season at guard. Jones may be two years younger than Lavertu, but hes helping usher the older rookie into professional football. "Hes given me advice and helped me during meetings. He sits behind me," Lavertu said Tuesday at McMahon Stadium. "Brett is an inspiration for me because he did everything well. He has great technique, good footwork, he knows everything thats happening on the field." Jon Gott, who was dealt to the expansion Redblacks for the first pick in the draft, and the retired Dimitri Tsoumpas mentored Jones in his first year in the league, so Jones wants to pay it forward. "They just made sure I was welcomed into the group," Jones said. "Were known as a unit. I just want whats best for the offensive line." Lavertu, who is six foot three and 298 pounds, won three Vanier Cups and was a three-time CIS all-star with Laval. He was surprised Calgary drafted him because of Jones, but Lavertu is also excited at the prospect of blocking for star running back Jon Cornish.dddddddddddd "If they want me to play guard, Im going to play guard," Lavertu said. "Its the opportunity theyve given to me. Im going to take it and do the best I can to be successful at right guard. "We have Jon Cornish and a lot of good running backs. I love to run-block for him. When you run the ball like that and control the clock like that, you are going to win." Lavertu played right guard in the first half and returned to centre for the second when Jones came out of Saturdays pre-season win over the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Calgary rushed for 193 yards in a 23-20 victory. The Stampeders are in Vancouver to face the Lions in another pre-season game Friday. Calgary hosts Montreal in their regular-season opener June 28. As Jones did, Lavertu must adapt to the quicker pace of the pro game as well the calibre of the oppositions defensive line. "Theres a lot more things hes responsible for and the talent hes going against every play is equal (to him) or better," Calgary offensive line coach Pat DelMonaco said. "You have to factor in some of them have five, six or seven years of experience." The six-foot-two, 321-pound Jones says Lavertu makes the same errors he did in his early days as a Stampeder. "I made a ton of mistakes," Jones said. "Youre going to make mistakes and its just not making the same mistake twice. "Hes doing great. This offence isnt that easy. You can just see hes making those changes and just making those improvements to get better. Whenever he gets a chance to play, Im excited to play beside him and hope the best for him." Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
disconnected Bernies Chat Mitglieder Online 0
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz