Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 80 mal aufgerufen
 Ligafußball
lebaobei123 Offline

Hüter(in) des Wissens

08.12.2018 02:56
Jeanmar Gomez in the ninth. Antworten

RALEIGH, N.C. -- George Washington kept hanging around, refusing to let Memphis pull too far ahead. The Colonials just couldnt come up with the one shot they needed to prolong their first NCAA tournament visit in seven years. Isaiah Armwood scored a season-high 21 points in ninth-seeded GWs 71-66 loss to eighth-seeded Memphis in the second round of the East Regional. Armwood picked up his fourth foul with 12:02 remaining for GW (24-9), which was just 2 of 12 from 3-point range yet never fell behind by more than 10 points. "It definitely changed my defence, because when Im on defence, Im usually active. I couldnt foul," Armwood said. "It definitely hurt us because I gave up some layups that I dont usually give up." Leading scorer Maurice Creek -- who averages 14 points -- finished with nine on 2-of-13 shooting for GW, but he airballed a 3-pointer in the final seconds that would have tied it. Michael Dixon Jr., the top sixth man in the American Athletic Conference, scored 19 points and hit four free throws in the final 10 seconds for Memphis, which never trailed. Joe Jackson added 15 points for the eighth-seeded Tigers (24-9), who are halfway to Geron Johnsons post-AAC tournament guarantee of two wins in the first weekend of the NCAAs. "As long as we think big and we play hard, the skys the limit," Jackson said. "Weve just got to continue to think that we can get there. Weve got to know we can get there." They entered the tournament having lost three of five to fall out of the national rankings, and shot 49 per cent in this one but struggled to put GW away until the final seconds. Patricio Garino added 10 points for the Colonials, who were making their first NCAA tournament appearance since 2007 and hung around all game before making a final late push. They had the ball down 67-64 after Jackson threw the ball away with 1:16 left. But Creeks jumper in the lane was short and so was Nemanja Mikics 3-point attempt from the right wing with less than a minute remaining. "I think if we would have tied it, the momentum was sort of shifting and maybe we would have tied it, had some time outs and things wouldve been different," GW coach Mike Lonergan said. Crawford missed a 3 for Memphis with about 30 seconds left and the rebound went out of bounds off Jackson with 26.6 seconds left. Joe McDonald beat Crawford off the dribble for a layup to make it 67-66 with 13.6 seconds left, and the Colonials fouled Dixon with 9.6 seconds left. Dixon hit both free throws and the Colonials called a timeout to set up their final possession. McDonald dribbled a few seconds off the clock before passing to Creek, whose final 3-pointer with about 3 seconds left left failed to draw iron. "A shot I usually hit," said Creek, a 41 per cent shooter from 3-point range. Dixon added two more free throws with 0.4 of a second remaining for Memphis, which could never push its lead past 10. Its last big lead came on Dixons jumper from the corner with 9 1/2 minutes left. Creek hit a 3-pointer -- GWs second, and last, of the game -- before GWs 1-3-1 zone forced a turnover and Garino made a layup to make it a 64-62 game with 2 1/2 minutes left. Out of a timeout, Memphis worked the ball to Dixon -- who buried an open 3-pointer from the right wing and kept his shooting hand aloft for an extra moment. At the time, that seemed like the dagger -- but the Colonials kept scrapping. "They made a run at the end," Dixon said, "but we never got flustered or rattled." Both teams werent especially good behind either line on the court: Memphis was 11 of 16 from the free throw line and hit just 27 per cent of its 3-point attempts, while GW was 14 of 24 from the free throw line in addition to its poor 3-point shooting. "Theyve got a good inside-out punch," Jackson said. "Fortunately, we kind of stopped them from shooting 3s because it probably would have been a long night for us." Tigers Ryan Carpenter Jersey . They never thought it would take some blood, too. Kevin Love grabbed his 4,000th career rebound as part of a 19-point, 13-board effort to lead the Timberwolves over the Utah Jazz 112-97 on Tuesday night. Tigers Pete Kozma Jersey . Masahiro Tanaka has touched down in the United States and the courting of the Rakuten Golden Eagles stud pitcher has begun in earnest by a bevy of MLB teams interested in the Japanese ace. http://www.cheaptigersjerseysauthentic.c...-stewart-jersey. I suppose Sternberg has earned the right to speak out since his Rays, despite one of the lowest payrolls in the Majors at $58 million, are entering the final weekend of the regular season holding down the first Wild Card spot in the American League, one game ahead of Cleveland and two up on Texas. Tigers Sparky Anderson Jersey . Still, Encarnacion felt a sense of relief. He felt a pop just before crumpling to the ground after running out a groundball in the first inning of Saturdays game. It could have been worse. “Its going to take maybe two weeks,” said Encarnacion. “It depends how Im going to be and how Im going to be day after day, feeling better or not. Tigers Jose Iglesias Jersey . With his father watching from the stands, Harrison homered, doubled, single and drove in a career-high five runs to lead the Pirates to a 8-3 win over the Milwaukee Brewers on Friday. PITTSBURGH -- Every time the St. Louis Cardinals faced Francisco Liriano in 2013, the Pittsburgh Pirates left-hander found a way to push the Cardinals around. At long last, St. Louis pushed back. The Cardinals jumped on the Pirates ace early, Yadier Molina hit his second homer of the season and Jhonny Peralta added a late two-run shot as St. Louis pulled away for a 6-1 win on Saturday night. The victory was the first by the Cardinals against Liriano, who went 4-0 with a 1.16 ERA against St. Louis last season, including a triumph in Game 3 of the NL division series. "Hes tough, man, but he caught a lot of the plate with his pitches tonight, especially in the first inning and then on the home run," Molina said. "Hes a tough pitcher and we kind of caught him when he wasnt at his best." Molina finished 2 for 4 and his solo homer in the sixth gave the Cardinals plenty of cushion as they bounced back from a 12-2 loss on Friday by not waiting around for Liriano to get into a rhythm. St. Louis used a three-run first inning to put the Pirates in a quick hole then held on as Joe Kelly (1-0) shook off some rust in his first start of the season. The right-hander worked 5 1-3 innings, walking four and striking out four. "I made some good pitches when I had to but I struggled a little with my command from time to time," Kelly said. "It seemed like when I really needed to make a pitch I was able to do it and avoid getting into big trouble." The Pirates had their chances. They loaded the bases in the third but managed only a single run when Kelly walked Russell Martin. Pittsburgh left 11 runners on base, including seven in the first four innings. "We had opportunities to cash in and we werent able to do it," Pirates manager Clint Hurdle said hours after agreeing to a contract extension that will keep him in Pittsburgh through at least 2017. St. Louis reliever Carlos Martinez, who typically works the eighth inning, replaced Kelly with two on and one out in the sixth and retired Starling Marte and Travis Snider on groundouts to end the threat. "It was a part of the game where it could have gone in a different direction fast," St. LLouis manager Mike Matheny said.dddddddddddd "Carlos came out and did exactly what we needed him to do." Liriano, who struck out 10 in six innings on opening day against the Cubs, settled down after initial command issues. He surrendered four runs on seven hits in six innings, walking two and striking out four. "Theyve got some good hitters and they hit some good pitches down and I made a couple of mistakes too," Liriano said after falling to 9-2 in his career at PNC Park. "Thats part of the game. Just one of those nights." It wasnt exactly a repeat of the last time Liriano faced St. Louis, when he held the Cardinals in check in Game 3 of the NL division series to give the Pirates a 2-1 lead in the best-of-five series. St. Louis rallied to take the series in five games and six months later it appears the clubs that finished one-two in the NL Central remain evenly matched. The teams have now split the last 26 meetings. For once, however, the Cardinals got the best of Pittsburghs ace by not messing around while he dealt with location issues in the first. Matt Carpenter led off with a single. Peralta walked and Matt Holliday followed with an RBI single to right. Peralta scored on a sacrifice fly by Allen Craig, with Holliday scoring on a perfectly placed single to left by Matt Adams. Molina provided insurance with a homer to right and Peraltas second home run with the Cardinals slipped inside the left field foul pole against Pittsburgh reliever Jeanmar Gomez in the ninth. That was more than enough for a bullpen that didnt surrender a hit in 3 2-3 innings of work. NOTES: Marte went 1 for 5 and has reached base in each of his 17 career games against St. Louis. ... St. Louis reliever Jason Motte, who is recovering from Tommy John surgery on his right elbow, participated in a simulated game in Florida on Saturday. Matheny said the team doesnt have a pre-determined role set for Motte, who saved 42 games in 2012 before the injury. ... The series concludes on Sunday when Adam Wainwright (1-0, 0.00) is set to go for St. Louis against Edinson Volquez (0-0, 0.00), who pitched two innings of relief in a loss to the Cubs on Thursday. cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
disconnected Bernies Chat Mitglieder Online 0
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz